Recipe by dmr301cooks
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This hearty dinner frittata uses Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with onion in a hearty dinner frittata that is quick and easy to make , wholesome and tasty! The smokiness of the cumin enhances the egg/potato/goat cheese mixture – enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup goat cheese, crumbles
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1⁄2 cup cooked spinach, drained
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- scallion top, chopped
- grated dried mixed pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place oven rack in upper third of oven.
- Select an 8 inch oven proof pan that is also non-stick and has a sloping side.
- Place 2 tablespoons oil in pan and heat over medium heat for 2 minutes. Pat dry the potatoes with a paper towel and add in Simply Potatoes and cook 3-5 minutes until golden. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Wipe out pan with a paper towel replace on stove.
- In a medium size bowl whisk the eggs until they are frothy. Season with the salt and pepper and mix in the milk. Fold in the potatoes, cumin, cheese, scallions, spinach and bacon.
- Place the pan over medium low heat and heat the pan with the butter or oil until spread throughout bottom. Using a rubber spatula pour the egg mixture into the pan and continue to pull through the eggs while cooking to keep them from sticking. Move the spatula from the outer edge and drag through the egg mixture to the center as they cook. This allows for better cooking and more tender eggs. The eggs will set up in large curds. When cooked about halfway through (5-7 minutes) it should look wet but set as an omelet. Then place the pan in the oven. Allow to cook until the eggs are set . This may take 5-10 minutes depending upon the filling. It is done when the center is set. Remove from the oven and run the spatula around the outside edge to loosen sides and slide onto a serving plate. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream topped with scallion greens and a grind of mixed pepper flakes.
- To serve: cut into wedges Yield 4.