Recipe by Sandi Sheppard
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Here's a flavorful, cheesy, meat and potato pizza pie, with big, bold spicy bursts of peppers and herbed tomato sauce, delivering a down-home delicious gastric experience! It's a Rustic and loaded with flavor, so enjoy the simplicity that is only accomplished by featuring the fresh and flavorful Simply Potatoes® Diced Potatoes with Onions!
- 1 lb spicy bulk country sausage
- 2 1⁄2 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion, thawed
- 13 7⁄8 ounces refrigerated classic pizza dough, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce with mushrooms, bell and spicy peppers, garlic and herbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded triple cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large heavy skillet on medium heat, brown the sausage, breaking into small pieces as it cooks. After 5 minutes, add the Simply Potatoes Cubed Potatoes w/Onions and cook for another 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove the pizza dough from the tube, cut the rolled dough in half and unroll each onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Shape them both into a rustic shaped rectangle, about 7 1/2" x 11" each.
- Spread half of the pasta sauce onto each rectangle, then top the sauce with half of the sausage and potato mixture on each. Sprinkle equal portions of cheese over both pizza tops and bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust is nicely browned and cheese is melted.
- Cut each rectangle into 4 pieces and serve.