Recipe by Annacia
I just tried this and I love it! I'm a real bread pudding fan and I always save the bread heels and any bread that may be aging in the freezer. I only use whole wheat/multi grain and this works fine for any bread pudding. I love Lindt bittersweet chocolate with a passion so I used 2 ozs of that. This recipe asks for 1-3/4 cups milk and that seemed a bit dry to me so I made it 2 cups. It's from Kraft.
- 4 ounces light cream cheese spread, Philadelphia
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 large egg whites
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 6 -8 slices cubed whole wheat bread (6 cups)
- 2 (1 ounce) baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat cream cheese spread and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add egg whites and cinnamon; mix well.
- Gradually add milk, mixing until well blended.
- Place bread cubes in 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle chocolate over bread. Pour cream cheese spread mixture over bread mixture in dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minute or until set in center. Cool slightly; serve warm. Store leftover pudding in refrigerator.