Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I just tried this and I love it! I'm a real bread pudding fan and I always save the bread heels and any bread that may be aging in the freezer. I only use whole wheat/multi grain and this works fine for any bread pudding. I love Lindt bittersweet chocolate with a passion so I used 2 ozs of that. This recipe asks for 1-3/4 cups milk and that seemed a bit dry to me so I made it 2 cups. It's from Kraft.
- 4 ounces light cream cheese spread, Philadelphia
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 large egg whites
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 6 -8 slices cubed whole wheat bread (6 cups)
- 2 (1 ounce) baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat cream cheese spread and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add egg whites and cinnamon; mix well.
- Gradually add milk, mixing until well blended.
- Place bread cubes in 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle chocolate over bread. Pour cream cheese spread mixture over bread mixture in dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minute or until set in center. Cool slightly; serve warm. Store leftover pudding in refrigerator.
I enjoyed this and the fact that it is low-fat & low suger. Thanks.
Made this for dessert tonight and JUST LOVED IT! I cut the recipe in half, used an extra square of chocolate, and substituted soy milk. Baked it for 30 minutes, but think I'll go the full 35 next time just to make it a little firmer. (The bread may also have been a little too fresh). This is a new favorite dessert for us!
This was a GREAT CUSTARDY CINNAMONY CHOCOLATY bread pudding. I couldn't even tell it was lowfat and lower in sugar! I made 4 servings but made it 2 servings in two 1 cup rammekins. I used 2oz neufchatel, only 2tbsp of brown sugar Splenda, 1 egg white, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 3/4 cup 1 percent milk, 2 slices of cracked wheat sourdough and semi-sweet chocolate chips. I baked them for 35 minutes. Thanks for this great lighter comfort food recipe! Made for Photo Tag.