Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is one of my creations, my family goes nuts over it every time I make it and it is super easy and herbs can be easily changed to suit your palate.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove giblets and neck from inside of chicken, place breast side up in a roasting pan large enought to allow space between chickens, tuck wing tips under chicken to prevent burning. Stuff chickens with peeled whole garilc cloves and chunks of onion. take the half stick of butter and liberally apply to chicken top and sides including wings and drumsticks. Sprinkle top and sides of chicken with the thyme, garlic, season salt, and paprika. Tie legs together and place in oven.
- Place cut up potaoes in a large roasting pan in a single layer, coat with olive oil and seasonings used on chicken and place in oven with the chicken.
- Basting liquid:.
- To baste the chickens I melt the remaining butter in the wine and add chicken stock if more liquid is needed. I also season the basting liquid with the same seasonings I use on the chickens.
- Allow chickens to bake upto two hours while checking with a meat thermometer after 1 hour and 15 minutes until they reach 190 degrees basting every half hour with the liquid and the potaoes are tender. The liquid can be reserved for future use or makes an incredible gravy.
The chicken turned out wonderful!! I added carrots to the taters and they turned out great. Made Spring Pac 2009