1/1 Photo of Rustic Chicken and Roasted Potatoes
2 hrs 20 mins
This is one of my creations, my family goes nuts over it every time I make it and it is super easy and herbs can be easily changed to suit your palate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 3Remove giblets and neck from inside of chicken, place breast side up in a roasting pan large enought to allow space between chickens, tuck wing tips under chicken to prevent burning. Stuff chickens with peeled whole garilc cloves and chunks of onion. take the half stick of butter and liberally apply to chicken top and sides including wings and drumsticks. Sprinkle top and sides of chicken with the thyme, garlic, season salt, and paprika. Tie legs together and place in oven.
- 5Place cut up potaoes in a large roasting pan in a single layer, coat with olive oil and seasonings used on chicken and place in oven with the chicken.
- 6Basting liquid:.
- 7To baste the chickens I melt the remaining butter in the wine and add chicken stock if more liquid is needed. I also season the basting liquid with the same seasonings I use on the chickens.
- 8Allow chickens to bake upto two hours while checking with a meat thermometer after 1 hour and 15 minutes until they reach 190 degrees basting every half hour with the liquid and the potaoes are tender. The liquid can be reserved for future use or makes an incredible gravy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Chicken and Roasted Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 853.7
- Calories from Fat 531
- Total Fat 59.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 206.1 mg
- Sodium 284.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 41.6 g