Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A great meal to cook for company!
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 ounce dry chicken gravy mix, packet
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (except mushrooms) in a crock pot and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- OPTIONAL: Sautee mushrooms and serve on the side, so that those who do not like mushrooms don't have to eat them -- and those who do, can top them on their chicken. Serves 6.
A very tasty dish that is easy to fix. I liked the flavor of the gravy, but found it too thin, so I agree with the first reviewer that it needs some cornstarch to thicken it up. Thanks for sharing!
What an easy and comforting dish, not to mention healthy! Very tasty. I assumed that the artichokes should be drained as well. This came out with a nice sauce, but I would have liked it a bit thicker, so maybe some cornstarch at the end. The mushrooms were wonderful right in the dish. I ate this over whole wheat garlic toast, but would be best over rice probably. Speaking of garlic...will probably add some next time to try. Thanks for posting this easy and delicious recipe!