Recipe by Charlotte J
This rustic looking pie would look beautiful on your Thanksgiving dinner table.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 5 -6 tablespoons ice water
Cherry Apple Pie
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups fuji apples or 3 cups gala apples or 3 cups granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup dark sweet cherries or 1 cup tart cherries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Pie Crust:.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, cut butter cubes into flour mixture until pieces are pea-size.
- Sprinkle vinegar over flour mixture, tossing with a fork.
- Sprinkle 5 to 6 tablespoons cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, over flour mixture, tossing with a fork each time until dough is moistened and crumbly.
- Gather dough into a ball, flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, stir together sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Add apples to cinnamon sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add cherries and lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- Place filling in center of crust, dot with butter.
- Bring pastry up and 2 to 3 inches over the filling, overlap or pleat and gather folds in the dough, gently press together where necessary.
- For Topping:.
- Stir together flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly, sprinkle over apples and butter.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes, until crust is golden.
- Remove to wire rack and cool.