Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
I found this recipe on another website, but can't remember where. It makes a delicious winter / autumn hearty soup. Gluten Free as well. Suitable for freezing.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup red lentil, rinsed
- 1⁄2 pumpkin, butter cup
- 4 carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 liters vegetable stock, gluten free
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and deseed the pumpkin, chop into medium sized pieces.
- Heat a pan and add the olive oil. Saute onions until translucent.
- Add the ginger, garlic, carrot and celery. Saute for a minute or two until the aromas of the garlic and ginger are wafting beneath your nose.
- Add the lentils, pumpkin and stock to cover and simmer for approximately 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until the soup is a thick consistency and the vegetables are soft. Season to taste.
- Can be blended if preferred or leave chucky. Serve with gluten free bread.