I'm married to a wonderful cook. Here's a salad he came up with tonight.
Make and share this Russ's Ranch Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg red potatoes or 1 kg white potato, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 3 eggs, hardboiled,chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use Bests)
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Dice the potato into about 1 inch pieces.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, and cook the potato cubes for about 12 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil, and cook the bacon and onion about 5 minutes or until softened; cool.
- Mix the ranch dressing mix, mayonaisse, cream, mustard and parsley together.
- Gently fold the cooked potatoes, bacon and onion mix and chopped eggs through the dressing and serve.
- We like to serve this either warm or just at room temperature.