1/3 Photos of Russ's Ranch Potato Salad
I'm married to a wonderful cook. Here's a salad he came up with tonight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg red potatoes or 1 kg white potato, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 3 eggs, hardboiled,chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use Bests)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1Dice the potato into about 1 inch pieces.
- 2Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, and cook the potato cubes for about 12 minutes or until just tender.
- 3Drain and allow to cool.
- 4Meanwhile, heat the oil, and cook the bacon and onion about 5 minutes or until softened; cool.
- 5Mix the ranch dressing mix, mayonaisse, cream, mustard and parsley together.
- 6Gently fold the cooked potatoes, bacon and onion mix and chopped eggs through the dressing and serve.
- 7We like to serve this either warm or just at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Russ's Ranch Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.0
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 125.2 mg
- Sodium 822.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix