Recipe by JustJanS
If you like a ploughman's lunch, you might like these. Russ made them for our lunch today and I want to make them again! My Jaffle maker is electric and toasts two sandwiches at once. In Aus, we can also get long handled jaffle makers use over a camp fire. You could also make this in a panini press. ..
Top Review by Jewelies
We really loved this, Dave wants another one but I've run out of ham. I used Recipe #372978 which I made a few weeks back and the sweetness of the sultanas was really nice. Will be making these again.
- 4 slices bread (we used multi grain)
- 4 teaspoons butter
- chutney, your chocie of flavour (we used an apricot one)
- 60 g leg ham, shaved thinly
- 80 g cheddar cheese
- 1 pickled onion, thinly sliced (we used chilli one)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat jaffle maker.
- Butter outside of bread slices with one teaspoon butter each.
- Place bottom slices in jaffle maker.
- Divide and lay ham, cheese, pickled onion on top, Spread chutney on underside of remaining two slices of bread, lay on top of fillings butter side out.
- Cook until golden brown and cheese melted.