Recipe by sofie-a-toast
These aren't really cakes - rather small, cake-like cookies. My cousin makes these constantly (much to the delight of the rest of the family)! These are so so so addictive! And for looking so delicate they are surprisingly easy.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar (plus more for coating)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (minced fine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly (if you find it easier to cream the sugar and butter first go ahead but it isn't necessary if you don't want to take the extra step).
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for around 8 minutes (they burn easily) on middle rack at 400 degrees until set but not brown.
- While warm, roll in confectioner's sugar. Let cool, and roll in sugar again.