1/1 Photo of Russian Tomato Salad
Dorie's Lori's Note:
We were served this at our host’s dacha (country home) in Russia – Nina grew her own tomatoes, garlic and dill there. It is very simple, but you Must have tasty tomatoes! It looks awesome on a platter, and I have brought this to gatherings and received numerous complements. No measurements are given because you can make a little or a lot – and only 3 or 4 ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the tomatoes into thick (approx. 3/8”) slices, and place on a platter. They mostly should not overlap. Save the ends for nibbling.
- 2If using garlic, discard the center green shoot, and finely chop the garlic. Rub it over the tops of the tomato slices. I personally like the garlic, but I go easy – even a little can be strong/spicy.
- 3Put some mayo in the corner of a quart Freezer bag (not a snack, sandwich or storage bag – you need a strong bag.) Snip a small corner off the bag. (Fun Idea - could use a frosting tip for fun effects.).
- 4This is the fun part :-) Squeeze the mayo attractively onto the tomatoes. I use ribbons, stripes, swirls, etc. Nina used Lots of mayo, but you can use as much or little as you like.
- 5Sprinkle liberally with chopped dill. I might also sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Russian Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g