Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Rachel, my MIL. She adapted from another Russian Tea recipe that I will post separately.
- 2 cups powdered orange breakfast drink mix
- 1 cup lemon flavor unsweetened instant tea
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix all ingredients together and store in a tightly covered jar.
- To serve, mix about 3 teaspoons of mix with 1 cup boiling water.
This is one of my favorite mixes for a cold winters day. I have been making this for years. The only change I made was adding 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and cloves. I like more of a spice flavor. This also is a great gift to make for special occasions. Thanks so much sharing this old favorite of mine.