Recipe by Sharon123
If you want to try something uniquely Russian, try a cup of nice, black tea with a spoonful of fruit jam stirred in. Tea is the national drink of Russia, while the jam is a happy bonus.
- 2 black tea bags (I use decaf)
- 1 cup water
- 1 -2 teaspoon jam (your choice-blackberry comes to mind, raspberry? the possibilities are endless)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil. Turn off heat and add tea bags. Let steep about 10-15 minutes. This is the concentrate.
- Pour desired amount of concentrate into a cup and mix it with hot water; thus, one can make one’s tea as strong as one wants, according to one’s taste. Add some jam to the cup and stir.
- Sugar, lemon,or honey can be added freely instead of the jam if you like.