Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spicy, tangy tea. Can be served hot or cold. Makes 5 cups of tea mix.
- 1 cup instant tea (or 1/2 cup instant tea with a 1 qt pkg lemonade mix)
- 2 cups Tang orange crystals (or orange flavored instant breakfast shake powder)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 3⁄4 cup red cinnamon candies or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together and store in a covered container.
- To use, dissolve 2 tsp mix in one cup of hot water.
My mom used to make this when I was a kid and I appreciate you posting this so I can enjoy it as an adult. Good recipe- I subbed splenda for the sugar and used sugar free or low cal mixes and it still tastes great. Thanks again!
I can't believe I've not rated this, as I make it often. I use ground cinnamon and I prefer about half the amount of sugar or less, as both instant tea AND tang are pre-sweetened. This is a staple in my home and a favorite jarred holiday gift.
This drink did not have as stong a tea flavor as I was looking for, but if you want the orange flavor to be predominant, it's quite good.