Recipe by Simply Chris
These cookies are a "must-have" at Christmas with our family. My mom used to roll them into nice little crescent shapes but I usually roll them into balls. I posting here in order not to lose the recipe...it's scribbled on a piece of scrap paper right now.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cream butter, sugar and almond extract.
- Gradually stir in flour and salt.
- Add nuts and stir until well blended.
- Roll dough into teaspoon sized balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- BAke at 400 for 10-12 minutes, or until bottoms are light golden color.
- While still hot roll cookies in additional powdered sugar. I usually roll them at least 2 times.