Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are a "must-have" at Christmas with our family. My mom used to roll them into nice little crescent shapes but I usually roll them into balls. I posting here in order not to lose the recipe...it's scribbled on a piece of scrap paper right now.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cream butter, sugar and almond extract.
- Gradually stir in flour and salt.
- Add nuts and stir until well blended.
- Roll dough into teaspoon sized balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- BAke at 400 for 10-12 minutes, or until bottoms are light golden color.
- While still hot roll cookies in additional powdered sugar. I usually roll them at least 2 times.
These are so easy to make yet so elegant and decicious. Just the recipe I was looking for! I used walnuts instead of pecans and that was good too.
This is the exact recipe I grew up with. Marvelous, easy to do; we always made them into balls too. Christmas cookie baking was never complete without them. Great flaky, buttery goodness. Sometimes we would wrap the dough around a whole pecan which is nice as well.