Recipe by LuuvBunny
This recipe is from the Mrs. Field's Cookie Book. I like to make these for Christmas instead of regular shortbread. These are so light and tasty, they literally melt in your mouth. I also use chocolate chips as a topping.
Top Review by Jody G.
I too have been making these little gems (I call them Jammers) for many, many years, things to Debbie Fields. Two things I ensure I do is 1) don't skimp on the jam/jelly and 2) dust with icing sugar when cookies are cooled. They are always requested at Christmas time. They freeze well too. Just make sure you layer them with waxed or parchment paper so the jam doesn't stick.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup fruit preserves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add vanilla,scraping down bowl as needed.
- Blend in flour,mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into small balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place dough balls on lightly greased cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Press down the center of each ball with a spoon,forming a depression.
- Fill each with a teaspoonful of preserves or nuts.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a cool, flat surface.
- When cookies are cooled dust them lightly with confectioners sugar.