Recipe by Cameron's Mom
This a a cookie I usually only make during the holidays, but they are great to have at any party they display very well. Happy Eating!!!
Top Review by Zanni
These were perfect. I made them along with other cookies for Christmas. My mom and I used to make these together at Christmas every year. It was nice to pass along the tradition to my niece who helped me make them.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup butter (unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine, butter, vanilla until smooth.
- Add pecans to the butter mixture.
- Sift salt and flour together until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased sheet pan.
- Make sure there is 1/2 in separating each cookie, these cookies do not flatten out, they stay shaped into a ball.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes -- DO NOT LET THESE COOKIES BROWN.
- Let cookies cool about 5 minutes, while still hot or warm roll them in the powder sugar.
- Let cool another 5 minutes and toss in powder sugar again.