Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from BC Cookie cookbook. This is another of our traditional Christmas cookies.
Top Review by twissis
I made these great cookies for the Sweet December event & for my X-Mas food gifts for DH's family this yr. They were so delicious & a trip down memory lane as well since they were my Mom's favorite X-Mas cookie. I made 2 chgs w/o chg'ing the heart of the recipe. My DH is diet-restricted from nuts, so I left them out. My containers were round & each item layered in them, so I also chg'd the presentation. I patted the dough into half-inch thickness, used a circular cookie cutter to get a shortbread-type cookie, then generously dusted them w/powdered sugar & re-rolled the excess dough to repeat the process. It worked great for my plan. Thx for sharing this lovely recipe w/us.
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix margarine, 1/2 C powdered sugar, and the vanilla.
- Stir in flour, salt, and nuts.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until set, but not brown, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Roll in powdered sugar while warm; cool.
- Roll in powdered sugar again.