Recipe by echo echo
Classic sweets. If you don't have one or more of the kinds of nuts listed, fill in with the ones you do have. The dough will keep in the refrigerator for at least a week.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon cardamom (to taste)
- confectioners' sugar, for coating
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugar with mixer at medium speed until it's smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue mixing until a smooth paste forms.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350F approximately 6 minutes until edges begin to brown.
- While still hot, roll them in a dish of confectioners' sugar.
- Let cool.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.