Got this off of allrecipes.com posted by Odette and she says this recipe has been in her family for at least 4 generations. These are wonderful - just scrumptious!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the confectioner's sugar and flour and stir into butter mixture until well blended.
- Mix in chopped walnuts.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool and roll in confectioner's sugar. I rolled mine 2-3 times to get well coated.