Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from my Grandmother. This make a great Christmas cookie. We make them every year.
Make and share this Russian Tea Cake Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-Heat oven to 275 degrees.
- Blend butter with powder sugar and vanilla then add flour. Stir in pecans.
- Chill dough for 1 hour. Roll into 1" balls (makes about 30 cookies).
- Bake for about 30 minute make sure they do not brown in the oven, check bottoms and take out of the oven as soon as the bottoms turn golden brown.
- Roll in powder sugar after cooling for a couple minute after they cool roll them in powder sugar again.
Very yummy! Next time I'd add just a smidge more sugar but that's just because my family isn't used to something without a bunch! hehe :) I love this recipe...a great way to use up my stockpile of pecans!