Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a great cake like cookie, It is always requested on christmas or wedding parties, its a special recipe given to me by one young man in 1988 whose live was cut short by an auto accident and I still have the original copy. I hope you'll enjoy it.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups fine chopped walnuts
- Mix all ingredients together, then form into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 8 minutes or until you see 1-2 cracks do not wait until brown.
- while still warm roll cookies in powdered sugar and set aside.
Actual yield was about double...I had close to 60 cookies from this recipe.
Good cookies. Kids liked them.