Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty little cookies. This makes a large batch that you can give away or store because they keep well.
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Boil the raisins and water for 5 minutes and let cool. Then add the baking soda.
- Creme together the butter, sugar, eggs.
- Add other ingredients and raisins (make sure the raisins are completely cool).
- Drop by small spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and press them flat.
- Bake at 400°F until brown on edges.
- Let sit on tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
This recipe just does not work! I followed the directions to the letter, but I didn't come out with cookies. There is no specific baking time, so I baked them for about 10 minutes per batch. However, they do not hold together at all when you try to remove them from the pan. All I ended up with was a bunch of crumbs and mush. I was so disappointed to have wasted my time and ingredients on this recipe. I wouldn't recommend this recipe to anyone. The only reason I gave it two stars is because the resulting mush doesn't taste bad.