1/1 Photo of Russian Tea (All Natural)
Chef Kate's Note:
Remember Lara's little kitchen in the country town in Dr. Zhivago? I believe that this is how that kitchen must have smelled --spiced tea brewing in the warmth while the cold winds rage outside. Recipe from Whole Foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water, cinnamon stick and cloves to a boil in a medium saucepan; remove from heat and add tea.
- 2Steep, covered, for 5 minutes. Strain and discard the tea leaves and whole spices.
- 3In a small saucepan, heat orange juice, lemon juice, sugar and nutmeg. Warm until the sugar dissolves.
- 4Add the juice mixture to the tea. Taste and add more sugar if desired.
- 5Reheat (don't boil!) and serve.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Russian Tea (All Natural)
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black tea bags