Recipe by seacer127
I got this recipe out of a 1950's Cookbook I used fresh lemon and orange juice make sure not to add too much lemon though. You will need to add a 1-4 inch stick of cinnamon to the mixture. I also used water from a brita water flter(I used 6 tea bags from a british blend of black tea you may want to add less or more depending)
Top Review by QueenBee49444
I took the advice of another reviewer (thank you mikekey) and simmered the orange with the spices. Yum! This is a very soothing drink that also made the house smell good too. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC, Fall 2008. [Reply]
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons black tea
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 seedless orange
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer Spices,honey, stick of cinnamon and the 1 cup of water for 10 min, then let stand for 1 hour.( do this is seperate pot.).
- Add tea to boiling water in seperate pot let steep.
- Add juices and spices when adding spices put in collander over tea.
- Stir the mixture and add rind of orange and lemon tea if desired.