Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This comes courtesy of my aunt in tennessee. when i was in college, i would visit her on the weekends. i was a perfect guinea pig for her to try out new recipes on. knowing i'm a huge fan of juice and tea, but not of coke, she tried this concoction out on me. i loved it.
- 1 quart water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3⁄4 tablespoon whole cloves
- 3 tea bags, any size except family
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- Boil water, cinnamon, and cloves about 4 to 5 minutes.
- add teabags and simmer about 10 minutes.
- strain and add juices and sugar.
I did everything as directed, except I needed a caffein free tea. I had plenty and decided on Cel. Seas. Oragange Tangerine Zinger due to the juices. It turned out extremely sweet. My pregnaunt friend who grew up on overly sweet tea loved it. I think next time if the caffein is not an issue I'll use regular lipton tea and taste as I add the sugar. LOL...It was an awsome breakfast tea though and I love the recipe, thanks MissJ!
This sounds Intersting I think I will try this.