Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for Zaar Tour 06, best Stroganoff that I have had. Skirt steak will be more tender than Round steak.
- 1 lb round steaks or 1 lb skirt steak
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄8 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Combine steak and cornstarch in a small bowl and toss well.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add steak and saute 5 minutes.
- Add onion, and saute 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Add broth, salt, pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and parsley.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Make sure you dont let the sour cream mixture boil or it curdles. Still tastes good though :)
I thought it was very good. Instead of serving it over egg noodles I mixed it all together even my picky daughter liked it.
The sauce didn't quite get thick enough; I think a tiny bit more corn starch is needed; or you should just follow the directions to make an actual gravy first instead of just coating the meat with it. Also, I used round steak and it was way too tough for this recipe! I would recommend splurging and getting a nice tender filet, or tenderloin, and slicing it. The only way round steak will be truly tender is if you stew it for 2-3 hours. Recipe may be okay but needs some major tweaks.