Recipe by btcats
I have searched the internet far and near and finally I found a Russian Dressing recipe that ACTUALLY WAS Russian dressing! Good Stuff!
Top Review by Catnip46
This is very good even if it did take me two attempts to make it. 1st try, disaster. Cooked the sugar/water to long, turned into rock, thought I had to throw out pan and spoon. 2nd attempted cooked only 3 min. didn't care if it got thick or not, dressing turned out deliciously delicious. Followed the recipe to a T using finely chopped onions. Keeper for sure.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or honey)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion (or 1/2 tbsp onion powder)
- In a sauce pan cook sugar and water until thick.
- Cool syrup.
- Combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add syrup and whisk to blend well.