Recipe by Sydney Mike
Yet another recipe from the 500 ALL-TIME GREAT RECIPES cookbook, but I've tweaked it a bit, making the anchovies optional, VERY OPTIONAL for me, at least!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
there is a little prep work to this but the extra time spent is well worth it, I made this using scallops instead of the shrimp, I didn't have any fava beans so I used red kidney beans and that worked well, the flavors blended together nicely, I added in 1 teaspoon garlic powder to the mayo/lemon mixture and I did use the anchovies as they are one of my favorite foods and add them to many recipes, great recipe Syd thanks for sharing!
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, large
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 12 ounces shrimp, peeled, cooked
- 1 dill pickle, large, finely chopped
- 4 ounces fava beans
- 4 ounces new potatoes, small, scrubbed
- 4 ounces baby carrots, trimmed, peeled
- 4 ounces baby corn
- 4 ounces baby turnips, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs, hard-cooked, shelled
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- 2 anchovies (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice mushrooms thinly, then cut into matchsticks.
- Combine mayo & lemon juice.
- Fold half the mayo mixture into the mushrooms & shrimp, then add dill pickle & season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Bring large saucepan of salted water to boil, then add fava beans & cook 3 minutes.
- Drain & cool under running water, then pinch beans between thumb & forefinger to release them from their tough skins.
- Boil potatoes 20 minutes & the remaining vegetables for 6 minutes.
- Drain & cool under running water.
- Toss vegetables with oil & divide among 4 shallow bowls.
- Spoon on the dressed shrimp & place a hard-cooked egg in the center.
- OPTIONAL ~ If using anchovies, cut into fine strips & with 2 strips make an X on top of each egg, then sprinkle with paprika.