Sydney Mike's Note:
Yet another recipe from the 500 ALL-TIME GREAT RECIPES cookbook, but I've tweaked it a bit, making the anchovies optional, VERY OPTIONAL for me, at least!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, large
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 12 ounces shrimp, peeled, cooked
- 1 dill pickle, large, finely chopped
- 4 ounces fava beans
- 4 ounces new potatoes, small, scrubbed
- 4 ounces baby carrots, trimmed, peeled
- 4 ounces baby corn
- 4 ounces baby turnips, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs, hard-cooked, shelled
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- 2 anchovies (optional)
- 1Slice mushrooms thinly, then cut into matchsticks.
- 2Combine mayo & lemon juice.
- 3Fold half the mayo mixture into the mushrooms & shrimp, then add dill pickle & season to taste with salt & pepper.
- 4Bring large saucepan of salted water to boil, then add fava beans & cook 3 minutes.
- 5Drain & cool under running water, then pinch beans between thumb & forefinger to release them from their tough skins.
- 6Boil potatoes 20 minutes & the remaining vegetables for 6 minutes.
- 7Drain & cool under running water.
- 8Toss vegetables with oil & divide among 4 shallow bowls.
- 9Spoon on the dressed shrimp & place a hard-cooked egg in the center.
- 10OPTIONAL ~ If using anchovies, cut into fine strips & with 2 strips make an X on top of each egg, then sprinkle with paprika.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Russian Salad
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.0
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 300.8 mg
- Sodium 988.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: