Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from a co-worker years ago. It is a microwave dessert.
- 3 cups cooking apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- ground nutmeg, to garnish
- Place apples in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Add brown sugar, butter, lemon peel and juice; mix well.
- Microwave at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and sugar.
- Gradually add milk stirring well.
- Microwave at HIGH for 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring three times.
- Gradually stir in egg; mix well
- Pour custard over fruit mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
- Microwave at 30%(medium-low) for 6 minutes, rotating dish twice.
- Let stand 5 minutes.