1/1 Photo of Russian Potato Salad (Salad Olivier)
This is a twist on a traditional Russian salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 5 large carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas
- 1 bunch green onion
- 3 hot dogs (also works with cooked chicken bits or bologna)
- 6 polish dill pickles (or regular pickles if you want less spiciness)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 5 eggs
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon crushed black pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed white pepper
- 8 ounces regular sour cream
- 5 tablespoons regular mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce (Boar's Head Pub Style sold at Kroger)
- 2 teaspoons sriracha hot chili sauce (optional)
- 1You will need a large mixing bowl.
- 2The following items add to taste, the amounts listed above are approximate: hot dogs (depends how much meat you want); pickles (Depends how salty you want the salad. This is the only source of salt in the salad.); oregano; black pepper; white pepper; sour cream (add more if salad too dry); mayonnaise (add more if salad too dry); horseradish; hot sauce (depends how spicy you want).
- 3Boil potatoes, carrots, hot dogs until cooked.
- 4Hard boil the eggs.
- 5While the above are boiling, add to bowl sweet peas.
- 6Finely chop and add to bowl: cilantro, dill.
- 7Cut to small pieces (to size of a pea) and add to bowl pickles.
- 8Once all the boiled items are cooked: peel, chop (to size of a pea) and add them all to the bowl: potatoes, carrots, hot dogs, eggs.
- 9Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl: oregano, black pepper, white pepper, sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, hot sauce.
- 10Mix well and serve or place in fridge for later use.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Russian Potato Salad (Salad Olivier)
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.3
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 644.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: