Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very simple version of a Russian-style potato salad. I added onions and parsley. ;)
Make and share this Russian Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, washed and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 16 ounces frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, use (to taste)
- paprika, sprinkle for garnish
- In separate saucepans, boil the potato chunks and carrot slices until tender. Drain both, rinse both with cold water and drain again well.
- Place the cooked, cooled potato chunks and carrot slices in a large bowl.
- Stir in the onions, thawed peas, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stir in mayonnaise and gently mix well. Use more or less of the amount to your taste.
- Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Chill before serving.
Very, VERY good. The carrots are a delicious addition to potato salad. Next time I would use fresh or canned peas, and add some dill.