Recipe by newmama
This is a recipe from allrecipes.com that I made several changes to. Hope you enjoy!
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 -3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped (about 2 lbs)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup cream (half and half works too)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- melt 3 tbs of butter in a large saucepan.
- saute carrot, onion and celery about 5 minutes.
- add potatoes, dill, salt, pepper and broth.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 mins until potatoes are tender but not mush.
- take out about 1/4 of the veggies and mash or puree them in a blender and return it to the pot (this is optional but I think it's better).
- stir flour into cream until smooth and add it to the pot.
- stir in sour cream until smooth.
- simmer until it thickens to desired consistency.
- i serve this with fresh baked bread and salad.