Recipe by Shawn C
This is a quick favorite on busy nights. I tend to keep a bottle of the dressing in the pantry for this recipe so I can just throw together early in the day and pop in the oven when I get home. By the time everyone has settled in dinner is done.
Top Review by Len23
I'm really riding the fence on this one. I didn't really care for it, but hubby really liked it. I gave it 2 stars and he gave it 4 (which is a high compliment from him because he's a harsh critic!) so I'm meeting in the middle on three. Granted, I left out the peppers (didn't have any) and cooked it uncovered, but that's because I wanted the sauce to be thicker, and it was still quite liquidy. I'm not sure where I might have gone wrong, I think it just wasn't to my taste. Next time I might try it with the bottled dressing and see if that kicks it up a bit.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into rings
- 1 (6 ounce) can pineapple chunks (juice optional)
- 1 cup Russian salad dressing (bottled is ok too)
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dressing ingredients together; set aside.
- Place chops in a single layer in a shallow casserole dish.
- Top with slice of onion and bell pepper.
- Pour pineapple over top and cover with Russian dressing.
- Bake covered in preheated 375°F oven for 1 hour.
- Serve over rice.