Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
It needs to sit a week but is a refreshing pickle from Russia that is easy to make and serve.
Make and share this Russian Pickled Watermelon recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 8 cloves peeled garlic, smashed
- 5 celery ribs, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch dill, roots trimmed
- watermelon, cut into 1 inch thick wedges rind left on
- In a large non reactive bowl stir everything together then add and submerge the watermelon pieces. Wrap with plastic wrap and keep in fridge at least a week, up to 2 weeks.
- Enjoy cold pickled watermelon.