Recipe by morgainegeiser
The Russians really like pickles and most of their summer vegetables are pickled to make it through the long winters. These mushrooms are good served over fresh lettuce or served with toothpicks for a quick appetizer.
Top Review by Peter J
Great! Nice bold flavor that doesn't need too much pickling time and complements the mushrooms very well. I've snacked on a few along with a cold beer which was a great combo and plan to serve the remainder along with lettuce as a salad tonight.
- 1⁄4 cup dry white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces mushrooms, cut into quarters
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients, except for the mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and when mixture boils again continue to cook and stir, 1 minute more.
- Chill several hours or overnight to blend flavors.
- Serve cold.
- Preparation and cooking time does not include flavor blending time.