Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
The Russians really like pickles and most of their summer vegetables are pickled to make it through the long winters. These mushrooms are good served over fresh lettuce or served with toothpicks for a quick appetizer.
- 1⁄4 cup dry white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces mushrooms, cut into quarters
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients, except for the mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and when mixture boils again continue to cook and stir, 1 minute more.
- Chill several hours or overnight to blend flavors.
- Serve cold.
- Preparation and cooking time does not include flavor blending time.
Great! Nice bold flavor that doesn't need too much pickling time and complements the mushrooms very well. I've snacked on a few along with a cold beer which was a great combo and plan to serve the remainder along with lettuce as a salad tonight.
Quite tart and tasty! These are wonderful on their own, but would be a nice addition to any buffet or "bite" size appetizer tray. I will make these again and again. The thyme is the star here! Made for Football Divisional Playoffs Week, 2010.
This made a great addition to our Eastern European dinner tonight! I didn't marinate quite overnight, but I still loved the flavor! Thanks morgainegeiser! Made for ZWT4.