Recipe by Dib's
This makes a quick dinner or appetizers.
Top Review by Deb G
Delicious combo of flavors! I did omit the potato from the meatball mix and used the seasoned salt as the only salt in them. I used a tablespoon to help make the meatballs uniform size. I tried frying them, but I browned them too much without getting them done, so most of them I baked at 400 for about 20 minutes. For the sauce, I used about a cup of no sugar added peach preserves along with the Russian dressing. Instead of using the onion soup mix (which I do find always too salty), I added 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/3 cup dehydrated onion along with about 1/4 cup water. Will definitely make again.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 egg
- 1 small potato, finely grated
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 jar peach jam
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Russian salad dressing
- 1 package onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients-except sauce ingredients-together in a large bowl.
- Roll into balls and fry in a large skillet.
- Combine the peach jam, salad dressing and soup mix in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until blended.
- Pour over meatballs and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.