Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A nice spicy blend that is a delicious change of pace.
- Bring sugar and cinnamon sticks to a boil with one quart of water over medium heat; simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove zest from oranges and lemons, reserve.
- Squeeze juice from oranges and lemons, reserve.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and add fruit juices and zest, cooking 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Steep tea bags in 2 cups of boiling water; cool.
- Mix together tea with fruit juices and 2 quarts of cold water.
- Serve cold, over ice.
We had fun making this, it had a wonderful flavor and smelled so good while steeping. I have made a simplified version of this for years, but this had a better flavor. Made for ZWT4 family favorites.
Simple, if a bit time consuming to make. It makes the house smell wonderfully of citrus and cinnamon. It was delicious and refreshing--perhaps b/c my oranges and lemons were fairly large, it tasted more like a spiced citrus-aide than a tea--but it was lovely nonetheless. Do note that it makes way more than 8 servings--I ended up well over a gallon! I ended up mixing it in a soup pot and then transfering to a couple of pitchers.
Had all the ingredients - knowing how popular Russian Iced Tea was in our area years back I decided to make yours - with all those fresh ingredients. Only change - next time I will make a whole batch - love this great tasting version of Russian Iced Tea. Thanks Sue.