Recipe by alvinakatz
It's a hot chocolate coffee drink. Can also be made iced.The salt brings out the sweetness of the sugar. If you have sweet chocolate, you can use that and skip the sugar. Adapted from the New Settlement Cookbook.
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 grains salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 cups strong hot coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk and cream on the stove or in the microwave until scalding.
- Boil water on the stove.
- Add sugar and salt to water and stir in until sugar melts.
- Add chocolate to the water and stir until melted.
- Once everything is well blended, boil for 5 minutes.
- Add scalded milk, coffee and vanilla.
- Beat with egg beater to make it frothy and enjoy.