Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother used to make these when I was growing up. We had a Finnish neighbor who said that something similar is made in Finland.
- Defrost two loaves of store-bought frozen bread dough.
- In a large frying pan put the 3 Table oil and the onion.
- Stir-fry until the onion is tender.
- Add the gound beef, and cook until browned, mashing up the meat well with the back of a large spoon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat.
- Dice the eggs and blend into the meat mixture.
- Roll out circles of the bread dough.
- Put a mound of hamburger in the center of each bread dough circle.
- Bring the edges of the bread dough up around the meat and form a dough ball with the meat securely inside.
- Deep fry in hot oil, in batches, until well browned.
- Drain on paper towels.