My mother used to make these when I was growing up. We had a Finnish neighbor who said that something similar is made in Finland.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Defrost two loaves of store-bought frozen bread dough.
- 2In a large frying pan put the 3 Table oil and the onion.
- 3Stir-fry until the onion is tender.
- 4Add the gound beef, and cook until browned, mashing up the meat well with the back of a large spoon.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Turn off heat.
- 7Dice the eggs and blend into the meat mixture.
- 8Roll out circles of the bread dough.
- 9Put a mound of hamburger in the center of each bread dough circle.
- 10Bring the edges of the bread dough up around the meat and form a dough ball with the meat securely inside.
- 11Deep fry in hot oil, in batches, until well browned.
- 12Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Russian Hamburgers
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.6
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 208.8 mg
- Sodium 131.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 31.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough