Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Believe it or not this can be served as a side salad in a small bowl or mixed with greens. I like to have it as a condiment for your meat course or as an appetizer on crackers with liver pate or other meat. I haven't seen a vampire in my house so it must work!!!
- 30 cloves garlic, cleaned & roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano (optional)
- Blanch the garlic in boiling water for 6minutes.
- Remove and plunge into cold water.
- Drain well and add remaining ingredients to the garlic, mix well.
- Marinate in the fridge for 5-7 days before serving.
Bergy, so many of the great recipes turn out to be yours! I used cider vinegar, served it with lamb. Thanks!
Delicious on vegetables, I am going to try ir soon on Focaccia. Truly I haven't seen any Vampires here either. Very Good Bergy, thanks for posting the recipe.