Prep 10 mins
Cook 120 hrs
Source: Frugal Gourmet - 1st book - Frugal Gourmet. Makes 3 small salads. I have had this many times and it is a must if your family likes garlic!
- Blanch the whole cloves of garlic in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Remove and plunge into cold water.
- Mix with the remaining ingredients.
- Allow to marinate for 5 days in the refrigerator before serving.
- The salad is served as it is, in small bowls alongside the main plate.
- Or you may chop this up and add it to a layered green salad.