Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really nice, great gift but quite sweet if you have a sweet-tooth. Great gift. Your friends and family will love it! <3
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 125 g butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 200 g sweetened condensed milk (half a normal tin)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Place all the ingredients except the vanilla, into a medium-heavy saucepan.
- Warm over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a gentle boil and cook for about 15 — 20 minutes stirring occasionally, until it reaches the soft ball stage (120°C).
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
- Beat (I use an electric mixer) until the fudge is creamy and thick and has lost its gloss for about 4 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 20 cm cake pan.
- Allow to cold and harden.
Just made this recipe (my first time ever making fudge). Wonderfully easy. I would probably use a little less vanilla next time, but that's just a personal taste thing. I can see I'm going to be making a lot of this for Christmas gifts. :-)