Recipe by Chelsea^_^
This recipe is the perfect dessert, or great to wrap up and give out as a present! Great for anyone with a sweet tooth.
Top Review by imnotreallyawaitress
Divine and so easy! Sometimes even fool proof recipes fail on me but this one turned out as perfect, melt in your mouth goodness! I followed im_a_piece_of_cake's advice and added vanilla after taking it off the heat and beat it for 4 minutes with an electric beater. Thanks for the recipe, will make a fab gift for some lucky family members this Xmas ;)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 125 g butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sugar and milk into a saucepan.
- Heat gently, sitrring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Add condensed milk, butter, salt and golden syrup. Stir until butter has melted.
- Bring to the boil and continue boiling until the soft ball stage, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. (Drop a little bit of the mixture to a cup of cold water, if the mixture forms a slight ball then is it done).
- Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Beat until thick.
- Pour into buttered tin.
- Mark into squares. Cut when cold.