Recipe by Ukosherian
My parents usually made this at breakfast with fried eggs and fresh garden salad. It's simple, easy and yummy! You can adjust the recipe accordingly. I personally love adding lots of garlic and onion, but that's just me.
Top Review by Brenda.
I quartered this recipe and it was just the right amount. I had a little bacon grease left over so I used that instead of oil. Very good, I never thought of using garlic in our breakfast potatoes, but we liked it. Thanks for sharing. *Made for Fall PAC 2008*
- Peel potatoes.
- Dice up the garlic and onion and mix them together. Then separate them into two cups of equal portions.
- Slice potatoes, but not too thick. About two or three millimenter should do it.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Pour tablespoon of salt on them and mix it up with your hands. Add more salt to make sure the potatoes are evenly salted.
- Oil two frying pans and separate the potatoes into the two frying pans. Start on medium so that it doesn't burn or start freaking out on the stove.
- Cook until the potatoes on the bottom become browned. Turn the potatoes over and repeat until slightly browned.
- Now, add the garlic and onion mixtures to each frying pan and mix it up.
- Wait until the potatoes are soft and browned.
- You're done! Enjoy!