Recipe by susan_leon
This is my mother, Stacey Leon's, traditional Russian Easter dessert served with Easter bread (Kulich). I always had a difficult time making this before I started using this recipe. If you don't have a cheese mold, use a clay flower pot.
- 1814.36 g friendship farmer cheese
- 226.79 g butter
- 453.59 g sour cream
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- ground almonds (optional) or lemon zest (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter.
- add sour cream and eggs.
- Stir constantly over a low heat until it looks like loosley scrambled eggs.
- Remove and cool.
- In a large size mixing bowl, mix egg mixture with sugar, vanilla and farmer's cheese. Beat well on a low speed.
- Drape a cheese cloth over a large cheese mold or clay flower pot with hole on the bottom.
- Put weights on top to squeeze out excess water.
- Refrigerate 24 hours.