Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
So easy and really delicious--a family staple! The sweetness of Russian dressing and apricot jam are offset by the salty onion soup mix. Chicken is tender and juicy every time.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken breasts or 2 -3 lbs chicken thighs or 2 -3 lbs cut-up whole chickens
- salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 4 ounces Russian salad dressing
- 4 1⁄2 ounces apricot jam
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Lay chicken pieces in dish and sprinkle well with salt and garlic powder.
- In bowl, mix together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Bake covered for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours.
A little too much onion flavor. Next time I will use half the amount. This makes a TON of sauce that is pretty much wasted so I recommend making only half the amount if you want it less saucy.
A friend of mine had made a similiar version of Russian-Dressing Chicken and brought it to work for our bi-weekly potluck. I found this recipe and knew I had to try it. How simple! How tasty! It's a winner! :o)
Nice mix a flavors, this was a yummy recipe. Made for PAC Spring 08.