Recipe by Tom Lambie
Wow, what a pickle recipe.
Top Review by Jan Marie
This recipie is incomplete. I started making it and it doesn't tell you what to do with the vinegar, salt or the onions. I gave up and made another recipie. Sorry..it looks like a great recipie but I didn't want a disaster by adding the wrong ingredient at the wrong time.
- 473.18 ml water
- 473.18 ml vinegar
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml canning salt
- 2.46 ml pickling spices
- sliced onion
- minced garlic
- pickling cucumber
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the water, vinegar, sugar and pickling spice in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Put sprigs of dill and slices of onion in the bottom of each quart jar.
- Cut the cucumbers in chunks and pack into the jars.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon alum and 1 teaspoon minced garlic on top of each jar.
- Pour on the hot brine.
- Seal jars and hot bath 10 minutes.