Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wow, what a pickle recipe.
Make and share this Russian Dill Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pickling spices
- sliced onion
- minced garlic
- pickling cucumber
- Combine the water, vinegar, sugar and pickling spice in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Put sprigs of dill and slices of onion in the bottom of each quart jar.
- Cut the cucumbers in chunks and pack into the jars.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon alum and 1 teaspoon minced garlic on top of each jar.
- Pour on the hot brine.
- Seal jars and hot bath 10 minutes.
This recipie is incomplete. I started making it and it doesn't tell you what to do with the vinegar, salt or the onions. I gave up and made another recipie. Sorry..it looks like a great recipie but I didn't want a disaster by adding the wrong ingredient at the wrong time.
I like this recipe it is one that my hubby got from his grandma.we are making them as i type . 5 stars from me.
Jan Marie, what are you talking about? Look at steps 1 and 3. Salt obviously goes into the brine, but that was the only thing left out.