Tom Lambie's Note:
Wow, what a pickle recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the water, vinegar, sugar and pickling spice in a sauce pan.
- 2Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Put sprigs of dill and slices of onion in the bottom of each quart jar.
- 4Cut the cucumbers in chunks and pack into the jars.
- 5Add 1/2 teaspoon alum and 1 teaspoon minced garlic on top of each jar.
- 6Pour on the hot brine.
- 7Seal jars and hot bath 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Russian Dill Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2832.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 39.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: